Temiskaming Hospital - Maintenance Person - New Liskeard, ON
Full-Time • Temiskaming Shores Region
Maintenance Person 1 - Permanent Full Time
Temiskaming Hospital is a 59-bed fully accredited community hospital located in Temiskaming Shores, Ontario. We are currently accepting resumes for a permanent full time Maintenance Person 1.
The Maintenance Person 1 is responsible for the mechanical condition of machine and equipment, supplying heat, power, air exchange and other services in quantities sufficient to meet needs, mechanical efficiency of steam plant and auxiliary equipment. Care of tools, equipment and judicious use of pipe fittings and other materials. Appearance of grounds, including waste removal and line/curb painting, care of lawns, trees, shrubbery and flowers. Maintain walkways and helipad over winter with respect to snow removal and salt/sanding. Maintain external lights and parking systems. Working in a safe manner in compliance with OH&S and WHMIS regulations. Must be knowledgeable of safe handling and hazardous materials.
What can Temiskaming Hospital offer you?
- A competitive compensation package: $30.496 to $31.080 / hours, plus on-call pay
- Health and Dental benefits and enrollment in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- A commitment to a diverse, supportive and equitable workplace
- A commitment to a culture of safety and of mutual respect that is free from discrimination and harassment
- On site staff Fitness Centre
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through LifeWorks
- Certificate of qualification issued by the Ministry of the Province of Ontario, HVAC training and certification preferred
- Trade or vocation school graduate with courses in blueprint reading, mechanical drawing, electrical and plumbing
- Ability to maintain and support the operations of boiler and HVAC systems
- Ability to read and interpret shop drawings
- Previous experience in operation of a computerized building automated system
- Ability to do general architectural and hardware repairs
- Must have an excellent work record, including attendance
- Must demonstrate a commitment to ensure personal safety, safety of fellow workers, patients, volunteers and visitors
- At least two (2) years’ experience in industrial or commercial operations and maintenance
- Previous work experience in a hospital or similar setting with minimum 150,000 square feet
- Consideration will be given to certified Millwrights, Plumbers, Electricians and certified HVAC technicians
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity in confidence, please respond with a detailed resume and cover letter to: