Superintendent - Miller Paving Northern
Full-Time • Temiskaming Shores Region
The Miller Group, is a leader in the public and private sectors with road and bridge construction, paving, road and bridge rehabilitation, construction management, winter maintenance services, aggregate-based materials, cement and ready mix concrete.
With the continued growth and development of our businesses we have an opening in the New Liskeard location for a highly skilled and motivated Superintendent to join the Miller team. We provide a stable, challenging and rewarding environment for professional growth and development.
- Working closely with the Operations Manager to manage costs
- The execution of overall construction plan and schedule
- Managing subcontractors to ensure compliance with general contract, and all applicable Environmental, Health and Safety Regulations
- Preparing weekly forecast reports for Operations Manager
- Managing land owner concerns, Right-of-Way Access
- Coordinating all field functions including scheduling of any labour/equipment requirements
- Managing payments of contracts
- Track and summarize extra work
- Direct liaison with consultants, sub-contractors and our site personnel
- Have a broad knowledge of road construction
- MTO Experience is considered an asset
- Have good computer knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Be a team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate effective leadership, conflict resolution skills and the ability to interpret and manage competing priorities under time constraints
Interested candidates are requested to apply to the role by visiting www.millergroup.ca under Careers at Miller in the Current Opportunities Tab, no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, January 24, 2020. Please choose Internal Application from the drop down under Candidate Source section in the online application form.