Research, Planning & Policy Analyst / Health Equity Focus - Timiskaming Health Unit, New Liskeard, ON
Full-Time • Temiskaming Shores Region
RESEARCH, PLANNING & POLICY ANALYST – HEALTH EQUITY FOCUS
FULL-TIME, PERMANENT, NEW LISKEARD OR KIRKLAND LAKE
The Timiskaming Health Unit is seeking an individual, knowledgeable in population health and health equity to join its team. The Analyst will apply advanced technical knowledge and skills to support the agency in pursuing health equity and in addressing health inequities.
Work assignment includes:
• Build staff capacity and competencies to understand health inequities and effectively apply health equity approaches and tools;
• Support the application of a health equity lens on assessment and interpretation of data, planning,
evaluation and reporting. Support meaningful engagement of priority populations in planning;
• Support the identification and assessment of strategies to reduce health inequities;
• Support knowledge exchange and awareness of local health inequities, their causes and impacts among community partners and the public;
• Develop and engage in multi-sectoral collaboration and local partnerships including meaningful engagement of Indigenous communities, to inform local strategies and advance healthy public policies that decrease health inequities.
• A Master’s degree in relevant field, preferably with a focus in population, community or public health;
• Experience in a public health or relevant community health or social work experience preferably with a health equity focus;
• Demonstrated research, population health assessment program evaluation, skills;
• Experience interpreting and synthesizing research and technical information;
• Experience in program planning, evidence-informed decision making and in project management;
• Strong knowledge exchange and communication skills;
• Experience in developing and supporting collaborative relationships with different groups;
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively within diverse team settings;
• Excellent analytical, problem solving facilitation and organizational skills.
Applications will be accepted until September 13, 2019, or until the position gets filled. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please apply to: Randy Winters, Director of Corporate Services
Timiskaming Health Unit
247 Whitewood Avenue, Unit 43, P.O. Box 1090
New Liskeard, P0J 1P0
Timiskaming Health Unit is committed to an inclusive, barrier free environment. We encourage all applicants to self-identify their barriers on their resumes and/or cover letter in order to provide accommodations in all steps of the hiring process. This is to ensure that all are able to participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.