Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
Casual / Temporary • Temiskaming Shores Region
Who and What is Plan A?
Are you looking for a forward thinking, fast growing company who is dedicated to supporting our seniors and healthcare professionals? Apply to Plan A Today! Plan A is a long-term care (LTC) staffing solution that provides a local solution for LTC homes experiencing staffing shortages across Ontario. Plan A is currently looking for Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs) to join our qualified, dedicated, and compassionate team of support staff.
Qualifications and Skills
- Hold a diploma for Registered Practical Nursing from a Canadian College/University (required)
- Current registration with the CNO with no restrictions (required)
- Live within 100km of the hiring location listed above**
- Excellent attendance and punctuality ? Hardworking, compassionate, positive, solution-oriented, professional, and flexible
- LTC experience considered an asset
- One year or more of paid, Canadian work experience as an RPN *If you do not have one year of paid, Canadian work experience as an RPN, you can apply to work with us as a Personal Support Worker (PSW)!
**Plan A offers supplemental employment with no guarantee of hours, because of this, we are
not a reason to relocate to the area.
A casual/supplemental position with Plan A is a great addition to any part-time or full-time schedule! The specific responsibilities and duties vary slightly from home to home, as well as from shift to shift. These expectations will be communicated during the site-specific orientation to each home. RPNs are expected to administer medication, provide wound care and direct assessments to residents, following their scope of practice as outlined by the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO). As an RPN with Plan A, you would be responsible for attending the LTC homes on a shift by shift basis as needed.
- Flexible work hours to accommodate your busy schedule (part-time or full-time hours available, minimum of only 3 shifts per month)
- Competitive pay
- Self-scheduling (easily through the StaffStat app)
- Receive notifications for available shifts as they arise
- Orientation provided to all of our homes
- Access to Plan A on-call personnel at all times, should the need arise
Hourly wage is $33/hour with an additional hourly incentive for shifts posted with less than 12-24 hours notice. We cannot wait to meet you! Plan A Management Team