Personal Support Worker (PSW)
Casual • Temiskaming Shores Region
Who and What is Plan A?
Are you looking for a forward thinking, fast growing company who is dedicated to supporting our seniors and healthcare professionals? Apply to Plan A Today! Plan A is a long-term care (LTC) staffing solution that provides a local solution for LTC homes experiencing staffing shortages across Ontario. Plan A is currently looking for Personal Support Workers (PSWs) to join our qualified, dedicated, and compassionate team of support staff.
Qualifications and Skills
- Completion of a recognized Canadian PSW program or completion of a first-year Canadian nursing program (Required)
- Live within 100km of the hiring location*
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Hardworking, compassionate, positive, solution-oriented, professional, and flexible
- LTC experience considered an asset
- *Plan A offers supplemental employment with no guarantee of hours, because of this, we are not a reason to relocate to the area.
A casual/supplemental position with Plan A is a great addition to any part-time or full-time schedule! The specific responsibilities and duties vary slightly from home to home, as well as from shift to shift. These expectations will be communicated during the site-specific orientation to each home. PSWs are expected to provide personal care to residents, safely assist with ADLs including toileting, transferring, bathing and feeding. As a PSW with Plan A, you would be responsible for attending the LTC homes on a shift by shift basis as needed.
- Flexible work hours to accommodate your busy schedule (part-time or full-time hours available, a minimum of only 3 shifts per month)
- Competitive pay
- Self-scheduling: (easily through the StaffStat app) Receive notifications for available shifts as they arise
- Orientation provided to all of our homes
- Access to Plan A on-call personnel at all times, should the need arise
Hourly wage is $22/hour with an additional hourly incentive for shifts posted with less than 12-24 hours notice.
We cannot wait to meet you!
Plan A Management Team