Peer Support Worker (job #2023-67)
Contract • Temiskaming Shores Region
The Canadian Mental Health Association – Cochrane Timiskaming Branch is currently recruiting a Peer Support Worker for its New Liskeard office.
In keeping with the CMHA Cochrane Timiskaming Branch’s Mission, Vision, Values and strategic plan, the Peer Support Worker complements the spectrum of services offered to individuals who are experiencing mental health difficulties by providing recovery-oriented supports related to skill-building activities of daily living, life skills, relationship-building, homemaking, and experiential learning.
1. Minimum Grade 12 diploma;
2. Personal experience with mental illness and recovery;
3. Experience working in a peer support capacity;
4. Ability to establish rapport and trusting relationships with clients and their support network;
5. Belief in recovery values with skills and experience to support this approach;
6. The ability to provide services according to a work schedule determined by the employer and according to the needs of the individuals served.
CMHA Cochrane-Timiskaming actively seeks candidates who are First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and urban Indigenous; Francophone; Black and racialized; members of 2SLGBTQIA+ communities; trans and nonbinary; and disabled.