Housekeeping / Room Attendant - Holiday Inn Express and Suites, New Liskeard, ON
Employment Options - NL
Full-Time • Temiskaming Shores Region
Department: Housekeeping; Reports to: Executive Housekeeper/Assist Exec Housekeeper/Housekeeping Supervisor
What’s the job?
As a Room Attendant – you’ll make sure our rooms and suites are always ‘fresh and welcoming’ for our guests after a busy day at work – creating a haven for them to escape and relax in – or get that last bit of work done.
- You’ll make sure our rooms are always at their best - we have standards - but it’s down to you to make that room special and memorable for guests
- Help guests - you’ll be happy to help if someone needs a toothbrush or directions for example
- Keep your supervisor updated on room service progress and alert them to any repairs needed
- Safety aware – follow our established safety procedures at all times - and wear protective equipment when needed
- Be organised - keep on top of supplies and amenities and always try to minimise waste
- Reunite items with owners – and log any lost and found property
- Other ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
- Monitor and control supplies and amenities, and minimise waste within all areas of housekeeping
- Work as part of a team and communicate with other departments as per hotel procedures to ensure excellent quality and service
- May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects, have turndown duties, assist with other duties, as assigned
What we need from you
- It’s a physical role and you’ll be on your feet most of the day, so fitness is important
- Strength – with occasional lifting of items up to 50 pounds / 23 kilograms and or push/pulling heavy objects:
- You might need to bend and kneel to complete some activities
- Literacy skills - reading, writing and basic math skills
- Flexible attitude to shifts – you may need to work nights, weekends and/or holidays
How do I deliver this?
- We genuinely care about people, and we show this through living out our promise of True Hospitality each and every day. It’s what connects every colleague in all hotels.
- Each hotel delivers True Hospitality in their own way, and at the heart of it all are specific, core service skills.
- True Attitude: being caring, wanting to make a positive difference, and building genuine connections with guests
- True Confidence: having the knowledge and skills to perform your role, and giving guests the confidence that they can trust you, to help and support them during their stay
- True Listening: focusing on what your guest is saying, picking up on body language that is often overlooked, and understanding what the guest wants and needs
- True Responsiveness: is about providing guests with what they need, and doing so in a timely and caring manner
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing, and understanding people. The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
Please E-mail your resume to, Trudy Hill at: email@example.com
Job Expires: 2023-06-16