Electrical Leader (OSB) - Georgia-Pacific, Englehart, ON
Full-Time • Temiskaming Shores Region
Georgia-Pacific is seeking an Electrical Leader for our Oriented Strand Board (OSB) manufacturing site in Englehart, Ontario.
The Electrical Leader will supervise a staff in installation, maintenance, and repair and testing of a wide range of electrical equipment: programmable logic controllers, HMI Systems, generators, motors, transformers, control panels, cables, power distribution systems and associated switchgear in the plant.
Demonstrated communication, organizational, problem-solving and interpersonal skills required to achieve results that support/enhance our MBM® principles as well as fostering and environment that creates superior value.
Georgia-Pacific (GP) is among the world's leading manufacturers of bath tissue, paper towels, napkins, tableware, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, nonwoven fabrics, building products and related chemicals.
Our building products business makes DensGlass® gypsum board often seen in commercial construction, DryPly® plywood and RESI-MIX® wood adhesives, among others.
Click on this link to learn more about OSB: OSB Manufacturing
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Work with the facility operations group to increase reliability while improving plant performance.
- Assure safe workplace practices are followed at all times and drive safety awareness through leading by example.
- Improve and lead the electrical organization which would include but not be limited of predictive, preventive and proactive electrical maintenance analysis as well as designing and implementing long-term continuous improvement applications and systems to enhance electrical reliability.
- Lead and support continuous improvement processes through decision making, employee involvement, systems and training.
- Meet and exceed objectives and metrics for safety, cost and productivity performance.
What You Will Need:
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
- Five (5) or more years of electrical experience in an industrial, manufacturing or military environment.
- Project Management experience required
- Three (3) years of supervisory experience in an industrial, manufacturing or military environment
- Must have experience working with MS Word and Excel, and other PC-based production applications
- Must be able and willing to work in a manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas.
- Must be able and willing to work safely, and promote safe work practices.
- Must have experience with electrical reliability, predictive and preventive maintenance, and Root Cause Failure Analysis
- Must have experience in programming and troubleshooting PLCs.
- Must have experience in employee performance management and change management
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Allen Bradley PLC experience
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf