Education & Training Advisor (Bilingual)
Full-Time • Temiskaming Shores Region
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Contact North I Contact Nord has an immediate opening for a professional with extensive communication, relationship building, and customer service experience for the following position:
Education & Training Advisor, Temiskaming
WHO ARE WE?
As Ontario’s community-based bilingual distance education and training network, Contact North | Contact Nord helps underserved residents in 1,300 small, rural, remote, Indigenous and Francophone communities access education and training without leaving their communities.
The position is based in the Haileybury, Ontario which has centres in Haileybury, Englehart, and Kirkland Lake.
Reporting to the Director, Recruitment & Partnerships, the Education and Training Advisor has the following deliverables:
· Spend a minimum of 28 hours per week focusing on recruiting students for the online programs and courses offered by Ontario’s 24 public colleges, 23 public universities, 9 Indigenous institutes, 76 district school boards, 200 literacy and basic skills providers, and 50 skills development and training provider and developing partnerships with community organizations and agencies for ongoing student referrals
· Spend 7 hours per week focusing on reviewing registration stats, service requests, internal communications, planning recruitment initiatives and upcoming presentations
· Allocate tasks to staff to cover the administrative functions of all online learning centres, including scheduling, follow-up with students, and delivery of high quality services
· Engage with community, business and other organizations to set up referral partnerships to serve the needs of students in the communities within your territory
· Hire, train and supervise up to 5 Education & Training Representatives, (local staff working in each of the online learning centres in the territory)
· Provide service and support to students with a priority on underserved residents in small, rural, remote, Indigenous and Francophone communities
· Input and maintain all required information in the CRM database on a daily basis
· Manage all online learning centres within the assigned territory, recommend solutions when escalating or referring issues to your supervisor, and meet all administrative requirements to ensure the effective and efficient functioning of the online learning centres
· Post-secondary diploma or Degree required
· 3-5 years’ experience in sales and achieving targets
· 3-5 years’ experience working with community organizations
· 1-3 years’ experience in supervising, assigning tasks, and scheduling staff
· Strong public presentation and communication skills both written and verbal
· Proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
· Fully bilingual, with an equally high standard of verbal and written communication skills in both French and English is an asset
· Must possess a valid driver’s licence and reliable means of transportation, which would allow for travel within the area (kilometre reimbursement included)
· $21.10 per hour starting wage
· Competitive employee benefits package
· Employer/Employee Group RRSP with matching contribution plan of 6% each
· 15 days of accumulated paid vacation annually
Hours of work:
Full-time appointment with 35 hours per week. Hours are mainly daytime; however, flexibility to accommodate evenings and weekends is required.
How to apply:
This position is open until filled.
· Include at least two employment references
· Quote Job Competition number #22-117-TEMI in the subject line of the e-mail