Dietician - North East Local Health Integration Network, Haileybury, ON
Full-Time • Temiskaming Shores Region
JOB POSTING #133-19
POSTING DATE: January 7, 2020
JOB TITLE: Dietitian – Temporary, Part-Time
INITIAL ASSIGNMENT: In-Home (KL IH Dietitian)
BARGAINING AGENT: OPSEU
LOCATION: Kirkland Lake, Englehart or Haileybury
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately to April 30, 2021
The Dietitian is responsible for the provision of dietetic and nutritional services to NE LHIN patients in order to optimize nutritional intake, promote overall health and well-being, and individualize food plans to meet specific nutritional, dietary, and/or functional needs.
· Registered Dietitian in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario(CDO);
· Relevant experience providing nutritional and dietetic services in a community/health care environment;
· Comprehensive knowledge of dietetic services, practice methods, professional skills, nutritional principles and dietary strategies;
· Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills to manage service delivery in conjunction with case managers, patients, their family members/caregivers, and other health care professionals;
· Good understanding of the roles of other health care professionals and complementary therapies;
· Knowledge of funding agencies available to assist patients in accessing needed support services and community resources and other community resources, treatment centres, and organizations;
· Practical knowledge and understanding of pertinent legislation;
· Comprehensive knowledge of the standards of practice and professional guidelines set forth by CDO;
· Ability to prioritize professional duties and manage caseload in a time efficient manner;
· Ability to accurately complete required documentation, reports, forms, and recommendations;
· Effective listening, observation, and facilitation skills;
· Ability to communicate information effectively through a variety of means including meetings, reports, letters, and presentations;
· Working knowledge of computer software (email, internet) and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel);
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle;
· Advanced oral and written proficiency in English is essential, French considered an asset.
Less qualified candidates may be considered. However, candidates who meet all requirements will be given priority for an interview.
The NE LHIN is an equal opportunity employer. Personal information submitted will be used only for the purpose of determining suitability for this vacancy. All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested persons are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail.
Applications received after the date noted above may be considered unless seniority is the determining factor in selecting the successful candidate.
Please refer to posting number 133-19 when applying.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Registered Dietitian: 1 year (Preferred)
To Apply: www.indeed.ca