Counsellor 1 / Midnights - Community Living Temiskaming South, Englehart, ON
Full-Time • Temiskaming Shores Region
Reference Number: OP22-006
Date Posted: May 13, 2022
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Residential Services, provide support and supervision for adults who have intellectual disabilities, within a community residential program that provides for the development and/or maintenance of their basic life skills as well as with intellectual, social, and academic skills, with a view to the achievement of each individual’s potential and personal goals.
Shift: As scheduled, 74 hours per pay period
Salary Range: As per the Collective Agreement
Education / Training:
- Grade 12 or relevant combination of experience and education.
- Vulnerable Sector Check with positive result- annual submission
- COVID-19 vaccinated
- Class “G” driver’s license and driver’s abstract- annual submission
- First Aid & CPR (we will train)
- Crisis Prevention and Intervention (CPI) training
- Experience working in social services with individuals with intellectual disabilities.
- Superior communication, interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Collaborative team player, flexible and able to promote change.
- Well organized, a self-starter, able to work independently.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a social service organization, preferably in an organization supporting individuals with an intellectual disability.
Ability to speak English and French is considered an asset.
Apply to Andrea Steis, Human Resources by 4 p.m. May 31, 2022.
External candidates will only be granted an interview if we are not able to reach the number of internal candidates.