Clinical Pharmacist - Temiskaming Hospital, New Liskeard, ON
Full-Time • Temiskaming Shores Region
Temiskaming Hospital is a 59-bed community hospital located in Temiskaming Shores, Ontario. The Pharmacy department supports a full range of services including general medicine, surgery, obstetrics/Level1B nursery, pediatrics, critical care, emergency department, outpatient oncology, ambulatory care, and complex continuing care. We are seeking a motivated Clinical Pharmacist to join our team.
Principal responsibilities include:
• Therapeutic order review, clarification, modification, and verification
• Collaborate with health care team to optimize pharmacotherapy and reduce adverse drug events
• Medication reconciliation and patient education on admission, transfer, and discharge
• Participate in our multidisciplinary team, including attending patient care rounds
• Respond to drug information questions
• Liaise between pharmacy operations and patient care areas
• Registered as a Part A Pharmacist with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
The following will be considered assets:
• Hospital residency and/or two (2) years hospital pharmacy practice experience
• Specialized training and certification (e.g.geriatrics, antimicrobial stewardship, etc.)
• Proficiency with Meditech software
• Bilingualism (French/English)
Temiskaming Hospital offers:
• Competitive compensation package
• Salary Range: $42.43 to $55.79/hour +$10.00/hour stipend
• Opportunities for continued education and specialized training
Please visit www.temiskaming-hospital.com for more information on our Hospital.
Deadline to apply is March 8, 2021.
Late applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.